Monday, January 6, 2014

I'll Be Home for Christmas

We got to go home for a few days at Christmas time.  Admittedly, home is not the same without Mom, not at all, but we don't often all get together, so it was nice to be home with my family. 
 I think I appreciate them even more this Christmas, since we have been 
through a lot of trials together this year.


The Logan House-Bed and Breakfast* est 1986 
*You make your own :)  

  
Jesus Christ is truly the greatest gift ever given to mankind, and I have the privilege of knowing him as my Lord and my Savior.  The words to this hymn are very thought-provoking:

Thou Didst Leave Thy Throne

"Thou didst leave thy throne and Thy kingly crown when thou camest to earth for me;
But in Bethlehem's home was there found no room, for thy holy nativity.
O come to my heart, Lord Jesus- There is room in my heart for thee."
{E.E.S Elliott}


Rebekah put the tree up and decorated it 


Pretty Christmas bulbs


Our storage room was about 30 degrees.  That's where we have our washer and drier, and since the pipes were frozen, laundry had to be put on hold.


The bathtub pipes were also frozen, so we embarked on a new journey of washing our hair in the sink!  Old houses definitely have their unique quirks, but also an extra dose of personality!


O Tannenbaum...Oh Tannenbaum...What is that anyhow, just a fancy way to say "Christmas Tree"?

  
My earthly treasures.  My family knows me and my tastes very well!
I didn't need any of it, but I like all of it!


Rebekah got the infamous DD pillow Aunt Carol put in our closet at camp.  She stuffed it into a surprisingly small box.  Hopefully, it won't give Rebekah nightmares!


After we opened gifts, we ate a scrumptious breakfast.  Ruth made ham and cheese turnovers, and this yummy coffee cake.


I thought these icicles were so pretty


Ditto


Aaand...what could be finer than a beautiful snow-covered truck against the backdrop of a beautiful sunset!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment