Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Happy Birthday, Big Sis!

I am unfortunately posting this from Wisconsin while Rebekah is celebrating (?) her birthday in Illinois.  We had planned to go home Sunday afternoon, but due to nasty road conditions, we had to postpone it until this weekend.

I am so very thankful to the Lord for my big sister.  She is one of my best friends.  We have been through a lot together.  We have gotten into a lot of trouble together.  We did geometry class together.  We acted up during "nap time" together.  We poured water into Ruth's crib together. (Mom thought she wet the bed :) )

There is no substitute for a friend who has been through so much with you, has seen your very worst side, and loves you anyhow.

My sister is that kind of friend.  It's been neat to see how she has grown in grace over the years.  She is mature and kind, and helps balance out my impulsiveness with her quiet sense and reasoning.  I never have to wonder if she'll repeat secrets I tell her...she is faithful and true...And I love her.



Me, Rebekah and Ruth-3 Peas in a Pod

"A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity."
-Proverbs 17:17

Happy Birthday, Rebekah! I love you - GTD (you know!)

1 comment: