Monday, August 11, 2014

Work Day at the Chapmans

Last Monday, we were home in Illinois and had a different kind of work day than normal.  My brother works for a family in our home church.  They build primitive furniture and take it to craft shows and also sell wholesale.  They have quite the production!  I must say it is nice to start the work day at 10:30! ... Aaaannnndddd...take a swim break halfway through!  Although some people (who shall remain unnamed) enjoy terrorizing dunking people more than they enjoy swimming!

The Chapman's house-so pretty!


Their garage, where it all happens.  Brad Chapman designs and builds the furniture, then others paint, sand and stain it til it looks like something that has been around for a hundred years!

This is the piece I painted.  you roughly brush on dark paint.  That will show through a little after it is sanded later on

This is it after being painted.  It will be sanded after this and then stained with wood stain.

Rebekah and Angie

Brother dear

Ruth did some sewing...her specialty

I painted...my specialty

Addy and I.  She had the "football" stripes under her eyes too, but I think her grandma was worried the toxins from the paint would leak into her skin! :)

Cute little sheep Luann Chapman makes.  I may steal some of her ideas! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment